|Joseph C. Koch, CFP® has over 28 years of investment experience servicing clients and their financial needs. He started his career in the financial services industry in 1985 and has aspired to complete the best possible education and licenses to serve his clients. Since 1994, Joseph has carried the prestigious designation of CFP® - Certified Financial Planner™. He is licensed to manage clients’ investments using stocks, corporate and municipal bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, closed-end funds, fixed and variable annuities, taxable and IRA accounts including self-employed retirement plans. Joe opened the Plymouth, Michigan branch office in 2001 as a Senior Vice President and the Branch Manager for Ferris, Baker Watts, Inc. In 2010, Wunderlich Securities acquired his branch from RBC Wealth Management.
Mr. Koch is a graduate of Western Michigan University where he obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a Major in Finance and a Minor in Economics and General Business. He was honored with the inclusion in the Premier Advisors list in the Five Star Professional, HOUR Detroit, and DBusiness magazine in 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 with a Five Star Wealth Manager Award℠* and was included in Strathmore's WHO'S WHO for Individuals who have demonstrated leadership and achievement in their occupation, industry or profession.
Joseph’s outside affiliations include, past member of the Plymouth City Commission where he served the executive board as Mayor Pro-tem and the Mayor of the City of Plymouth, Michigan. Joe is an active member in the Plymouth Chamber of Commerce. He is a dedicated 27 year member of the Plymouth Lions Club where he held many board offices including that of Past President. After Joe served the Plymouth Lions Club in various positions, he set his sights on the Plymouth Lions Foundation where he served the foundation as President and trustee for 12 years. Joe’s greatest reward is his personal involvement in growing the foundations balance from zero to over $200,000.00 while at the same time, helping those less fortunate in the Plymouth community.
As Senior Vice President for Wunderlich Securities, Joseph continues to grow his reputation for knowledgeable, ethical, personalized advice with exceptional client service. He can provide you with strategies and ideas to help you plan for your financial goals and weather market volatility. His many years of experience with a wide variety of financial products and services are combined with a sincere interest in each client's financial success.
*Five Star Professional, as a third-party research firm, identified pre-qualified award candidates based on industry data and contacted all identified broker dealers, Registered Investment Advisor firms and FINRA-registered representatives in the Detroit area to gather wealth manager nominations. Self-nominations were not accepted. Award candidates were then evaluated against 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria: (1) Credentialed as an investment advisory representative (IAR), a FINRA-registered representative, a CPA or a licensed attorney; (2) Actively employed as a credentialed professional in the financial services industry for a minimum of five years; (3) Favorable regulatory and complaint history review; (4) Fulfilled their firm review based on internal firm standards; (5) Accepting new clients; (6) One-year client retention rate; (7) Five-year client retention rate; (8) Non-institutionalized discretionary and/or non-discretionary client assets administered; (9) Number of client households served; and (10) Educational and professional designations.
- 2,238 wealth managers in the Detroit area were considered for the award, of which 645 were named 2015 Five Star Wealth Managers, which represents approximately 30 percent of the award candidates.
- Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of 2015 Five Star Wealth Managers
- The Five Star Award is not indicative of the wealth manager's future performance
- Wealth Managers may or may not use discretion in their practice and therefore many not manager their clients' assets.
- The inclusion of a wealth manager on the list should not be construed as an endorsement of the wealth manager by Five Star Professional or Detroit Magazine.
- Working with a Five Star Wealth Manager or any wealth manager is no guarantee as to future investment success, nor is there any guarantee that the selected wealth managers will be awarded this accomplishment by Five Star Professional in the future.
- For more information on the Five Star award and the research/selection methodology, go to www.fivestarprofessional.com.