|Jason has devoted his 19 year career to having a positive impact on clients’ lives through comprehensive financial planning and investment management. By taking the time to develop strong, personal relationships with each of his clients, Jason gains a deeper understanding of their lives, goals and dreams. Building upon this foundation of trust, Jason is able to recommend financial solutions that are truly suited to meet their unique needs.
Jason spent 12 years as a financial advisor with two large financial firms before joining Wunderlich in 2009. He currently holds the designations of Certified Financial Planner™ and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ and is licensed to manage client investments using stocks, bonds, mutual funds, separately managed accounts, annuities, ETFs, and closed-end funds. Jason’s commitment to building highly customized investment and planning solutions while delivering first-class service has been recognized throughout the years, including:
- Memphis Magazine Five Star Wealth Advisor*; 2009-Present
- Wunderlich Chairman’s Club; 2009-Present
- Wunderlich Founder’s Circle; 2013-Present
- Memphis Business Journal NABCAP Premier Advisors List; 2011
- Memphis Business Journal Top 40 Under 40; 2005
A graduate of Memphis University School and the University of Alabama, he remains active in the local community as a board member and Finance Committee Chairman for The Memphis Cook Convention Center. Additionally he serves on the alumni board of Memphis University School.
Jason and his wife Meredith have been married for over 17 years and have three children.
*Five Star Professional, as a third-party research firm, identified pre-qualified award candidates based on industry data and contacted all identified broker dealers, Registered Investment Advisor firms and FINRA-registered representatives in the Memphis area to gather wealth manager nominations. Self-nominations were not accepted. Award candidates were then evaluated against 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria: (1) Credentialed as an investment advisory representative (IAR), a FINRA-registered representative, a CPA or a licensed attorney; (2) Actively employed as a credentialed professional in the financial services industry for a minimum of five years; (3) Favorable regulatory and complaint history review; (4) Fulfilled their firm review based on internal firm standards; (5) Accepting new clients; (6) One-year client retention rate; (7) Five-year client retention rate; (8) Non-institutionalized discretionary and/or non-discretionary client assets administered; (9) Number of client households served; and (10) Educational and professional designations.
- 1,251 wealth managers in the Memphis area were considered for the award, of which 152 were named 2014 Five Star Wealth Managers, which represents less than 13 percent of the total number of wealth managers in the area.
- Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of 2014 Five Star Wealth Managers
- The Five Star Award is not indicative of the wealth manager's future performance
- Wealth Managers may or may not use discretion in their practice and therefore many not manager their clients' assets.
- The inclusion of a wealth manager on the list should not be construed as an endorsement of the wealth manager by Five Star Professional or Memphis Magazine.
- Working with a Five Star Wealth Manager or any wealth manager is no guarantee as to future investment success, nor is there any guarantee that the selected wealth managers will be awarded this accomplishment by Five Star Professional in the future.
- For more information on the Five Star award and the research/selection methodology, go to www.fivestarprofessional.com.